Tuesday, August 22, 2017

3rd Transfer and Maps

Hello, All!

Samsung is working on my tablet this week, so I'm using a loaner the mission office gave me. Technology is wonderful when it works! Then it doesn't, and it's painfully inconvenient. (1st World Problems...)

internet photo...
but Teresa's scriptures probably
look just like this
TRAINING OFFICIALLY OVER. One big thing this week is knowing that I will no longer be training, and Sister Hood is leaving for the Redding 5th Ward, YSA. It's gonna be weird, not having her as my companion anymore. We've had so many miracles, and we've both had so much revelation for each other. I'll miss the companion studies a lot. Hopefully the transition isn't too hard. But thankfully, I am excited to see what the new transfer brings, and all the miracles to come! I may be a little nervous, since I'll be taking over and my "mom" (missionary who trained me) is gone, but hey, every missionary does it!


BLAST from the PAST. Also, at dinner last week someone talked about the "Buttercream Gang" and I just thought I'd mention it. It brought back so many memories, from over a decade ago, when we would watch that sometimes on Sundays! This family who mentioned it said I'm the first missionary to know what it is, ha.

internet photo...
but hot summer COULD look like this
Temperatures are now staying in the 90s instead of the 100s and 110s. Maybe the hottest part of summer is over? Don't want to jinx it though.

I will be at the same address for the next 6 weeks, probably. I doubt I'll be in Chico more than 3 transfers, but with the new mission president, people don't really know how he does things yet.

ROAD TRIP RESULTS. It was really cool to have 2 new investigators (people interested in learning about the gospel of Jesus Christ) this week! We've been working hard and I'm glad it's paying off. The biggest miracle this week was probably our newest investigator Nick. We wanted to drive out to Butte City, out of curiosity, but didn't realize just how long of a drive it would be. We didn't have that much offline map downloaded, to get good directions down there.

(not Teresa's actual car...
this is a cartoon drawing)
The longer we drove, the more we felt bad about wasting time because we didn't mean to take that much time out of the day. But we were already so far out there, we had to finish the trip.

Then when we got there, no one was answering, and we finally got one answer where we were turned down. I figured that's why we were out there, to be one of the missionary contacts for her, even if it wasn't successful. Then...(always that last house)...Hood took a sharp turn in the opposite direction of the car, and we knocked on Nick's friend's door. Nick answered, and the rest is 'investigator history!' (He listened, and wanted to find out more about our message and how he could come closer to Christ.)

Have a good week!
Sister Whitesell
teresa.whitesell@myldsmail.net

244B West 20th St.
Chico, CA 95928

No comments:

Post a Comment