Wednesday, June 28, 2017

All the Sweat and All the Apartments

Choose the Right
(notice how even the sun
shines brighter on the right)
Hey Everyone!

I hope everything is going as swell as it can, everywhere. Cause this past week was just swell(tering). Our highest temp was 112, but it was well over 100 every day for the past week! I only died a little it's fine.

(BTW if you click on the photos, they will show up bigger.)

But as for the title, we tracted an entire apartment complex in search of a "less active" (someone who hasn't been to church in a long time). 24 apartments in an hour -- (shows how much success we had/people that were even home) but it was 106 out, and the sweat dripping was too real. Tips for mission clothing, don't wear too much that shows much sweat marks. My shirt would have been a different color!

Hot puppy uses my bag
as a pillow
Anyways, the week was I think the most stereotypical mission week I've had thus far. We had a stoned man open the door, look at our tags, roll his eyes, and slam the door in our face. With that type of thing, Sister Hood and I just laugh and move on, because sometimes funny things like that happen!

We also "car tracted:" pulled in right as the lady was pulling out. She turned around and asked us what we wanted, politely declined and drove off. We also argued with a drunk man at 10:30 a.m. (it's 5 o'clock somewhere, right). That was just a taste of our fun tracting. We don't do that very often, since we usually have specific names to visit. But, it's funny when we do!

Friendly hello from your Missionary Spuds
TATER MAIL. I'd also like to give a shout out to the fam back home for sending a one-of-a-kind package. Sister Hood has never seen nor heard of such a gift, but we opened the mailbox, and there was a package for the both of us, kind of heavy, but still exciting! Then we opened it up, and lo and behold, there were two potatoes. One for each of us, with our name, and a scripture. You never know what you will get on the mission. So it was great, ha-ha!

We were on Railroad Tracks.
I couldn't not take this picture
Another side note: Sister Hood and I have a pet for a few days. Kaia, the dog I mentioned last week, her owner is out for a few days. We get to let her in and out each night. Another friend, who is around more often, is feeding her and everything while we're out all day. But, I got Kaia to wag her tail! That mission is accomplished.

It was so hot, the fan became our
good friend. Sister Hood sports
the Sumo Wrestler look
Spiritual Thought for the week: most good things that come to mind are from God and during my personal study, I really wanted to find something for my investigators to ponder. Sister Hood and I both tried to find things to teach, and I was inspired to read a certain verse, and invite an investigator to baptism! As this was my first one, the idea was terrifying, but the end of the day came and after reading the verse, she actually asked US about baptism! So I got to invite her and she said yes, however we have to wait til she graduates high school, so it won't be for awhile. But it was a cool experience!

All my Plant ID friends: I found a dead cholla.
And if it had been extra credit again,
I would have crushed it!
Also, another day we learned about a 7-day program to quit smoking, and the people we were supposed to teach it to weren't home. But a member we taught later brought up her desire to quit coffee and smoking, so she can go to the temple. We got to teach HER the part of the lesson we'd prepared, instead! The Lord works in mysterious ways.

Hood parks in great places
Final side track: this past week was exchanges. Basically we swap companions for a day, once every 6 weeks. That happened on Tuesday, and my temporary companion and I got to attack a wasp nest at a member's house. We didn't get stung, but it was a little bit terrifying to have the few living wasps angrily buzzing around us. We killed the nest, though! It was an exciting adrenaline rush.
Again, hot. We had to do something!
This is also after our 24-apartment
binge

I wish everyone the best of luck this week!
Sister Whitesell

**Snail Mail Address:
Sister Teresa Whitesell
244 B West 20th St.
Chico, CA  95928
**email teresa.whitesell@myldsmail.net








Found a Robin Hood mural for Sister Hood!

Again, the parking...I don't drive here

No comments:

Post a Comment