Tuesday, February 6, 2018

"Can I Pet Your Dog?"

It's MONDAYYYYY and I'm still hyped from playing some ultimate frisbee earlier :) But, I hope all your weeks and weekends were good as life continues on. Ups and downs are normal though, so don't feel like you needed to have an amazing day all day!

we got the MISSION VAN for a whole 2 days
it was so great :)
PETS TO PET. So much happened this week! On the animal side (my favorite side), I stole a few more cats, not kidding one actually just climbed onto me and I walked a ways with it, and on Wednesday, we pet about 6 people's dogs outside :D Best way to start a conversation with anyone, especially as a missionary: "Can I pet your dog?" Sister Johnson and I plan on finding a member with a dog that we can walk because it's such a good way to meet friendly people!

I've never seen one of these that
looked this vibrant, aside from
pictures (Mom note: not sure
what she's referring to)
Yes that tie definitely fits
STAYING PUT. Speaking of Sister Johnson, transfers are here and I'll be here with Sister Johnson for at least another 6 weeks! It's weird not to have change: my first stable transfer in awhile. But the fun thing is, we're picking up another ward (congregation), so we're "double-covering" with Rocklin 5th Ward.

Zone and District pics!
The lame news is that Sister Walker is going home (I'm not sad it's fine) and Sister Barrows is leaving too! That's why we're picking up Rocklin 5th. That dynamic duo is leaving, and I honestly have no idea how we're going to fill their ginormous shoes. The zone is definitely gonna miss them.
Rockin' Rocklin

HAD TO HAPPEN. Fun Sister Whitesell moment...I went to kick a ball today, and may or may not have overshot it again, and ended up on my back. I wonder how I did sports before, because this has happened so many times?!?
Also, one of our church members fed us dinner, and for dessert we had amazing chocolate and vanilla pudding. The catch? We couldn't use utensils :) it was so fun and messy! Honestly perks of being in a young single adult ward because you can do things like that. It was the member's idea, don't worry.

post-pudding, yes it
got in my nose
Last Thursday we had exchanges, and I was once again with Sister Storms and I love her so much--we were pumped to be companions for a day! We went to her area this time so I left Rocklin YSA for the first time in a long time; it was so weird. But we got to paint a shed! Some of you may have seen Sister Storms's post, but it was so fun to do manual labor like that and see the vibrant red fruits of our labors outside.

Because who needs ladders when
painting? (also potentially trying to
foreshadow future companion by doing
a shoulders pic? if we're lucky)
Huge miracle, and also slightly terrifying, Monday we had an amazing lesson with Lauren R! Last Sunday we also went to a stake meeting since Sister Johnson is a sister training leader, and President and Sister Ward were there so they asked us after if they could come to Lauren's next lesson.

OBSERVATION. So we taught a lesson with our Mission President! When we started I was more than stressed, but as the lesson went on, the spirit came in so strongly, and Lauren had so many concerns answered, and it was amazing to just be there and feel how much Heavenly Father loves each of us! I love having moments and lessons like that more than I love playing volleyball. It's just so amazing to feel, and the peace fuels you for the hard days ahead.

the amount of cat there is in this photo...
and it's just ONE cat
This week had some very difficult days, I'm not gonna lie. I was able to learn the lesson that I'm a very imperfect person, and I definitely struggle with some aspects of missionary work. But the really cool thing is, you can always learn from those harder days. I know I'm not the only one who feels down and sometimes doubts themselves and feels inadequate.

Sister Walker :'( can't believe
she's already done. But also
look at the timing for my roll!
SILVER LININGS. We are all very imperfect people, but that's literally why you're here on the earth. If you were perfect you wouldn't have to go through this trial and error phase here. Heavenly Father also needs your imperfections because they're perfect for someone else. If you were perfect, you wouldn't have any connections because everyone would see you as this unreachable person who they can't relate to.

This is the cat that climbed onto me;
you'd think it hates me
So don't get frustrated over the imperfections. Find someone else who you can help, and connect with those similar imperfections, and you'll realize that you have them to help others, and grow yourself along the way. Plus, He's never gonna love you any less because of an imperfection you have. So don't stress it!

You are all amazing, and I know each of you has something to share that others need to hear. Live up to your potential this week, and don't forget how crazy ridiculous and amazing each of you are! (Cheesy I know, but true.)

Sister Whitesell
teresa.whitesell@myldsmail.net

751 Central Park Dr. #321
Roseville, CA 95678

No comments:

Post a Comment