Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Deliver Us!

first picture of us together, wearing
some of the edible bling the family
sent (ft Frank, the drawing)
It's a new day, a new start, it's alive with the beating of a young heart! Yes, I still listen to the Spirit soundtrack in my head sometimes, even though I don't in the car. (*Spirit, Dreamworks movie: Bryan Adams sings "Here I Am")

This week was obviously one for the books! With transfers, everything's been crazy and amazing and is still going by quickly!

MISSING PEOPLE. I still miss Sister Johnson like no other, but that's life and I think the mission is just trying to teach me to get over it...or stop making friends...something along those lines. There is the 'pro' to that though, if you don't want to ever miss anyone, just don't talk to anyone! Makes things easier.

Kidding! Anyway, Sister Nield and I have become fast friends and she's AMAZING! She's from Florida, and by the end of our companionship I'll be very well-versed in some video games, and of course we have books to talk about too.

CC and DALLIN got married! First
wedding I've ever been to and it was
on my mission of all places!
THEME SONGS. I'm learning a ton from her because I still know very little and that's the point of life, to learn! But one of the things she very quickly discovered on my tablet was the soundtrack from Prince of Egypt (Dreamworks movie, story of Moses). 'Deliver Us' has become out new theme song, which has led to some entertaining singing moments in the car. Side Note: each of my companions and I have a song that seems to become the theme of however long we're together. Except Sister Johnson and I were comps so long we have like 8 songs, or 23, I lost track.
The last picture Sister Johnson and I
took together, can't have a normal
one of course!

FEED MY SHEEP. One of the highlights this week was the fact that yesterday, Sister Nield and I were both not wanting to sit inside after church for our comp study, so we sat on the fence between the church parking lot and a field...the cool thing? The field was full of hundreds of sheep and little lambs! We shared what we learned as we watched and listened to flocks doing their sheep thing. It was fun :)
becoming one with the fold :)

STRETCHING OUR MINDS. One thing with transfers, is more often than not, one companion leaves and the other one who stays behind "takes over" the area, as they help the other missionary who comes in, adjust and learn names and backgrounds. Well, that leads to Sister Whitesell doing all the remembering that two missionaries used to do, by herself...all while trying to keep Sister Nield from going insane with details! It's definitely a transition and she's slowly learning things, but holy smokes I'm exhausted! I know it's a common thing on missions for all this to happen, but I haven't taken over an area since Chico so it's a fun adjustment again.

Lunch with a ton of sisters in the
South, before everyone went their
separate ways!
HIGHLIGHTS. We taught Hailey an amazing lesson on the Plan of Salvation. She loves everything so far, and is on date (getting baptized) April 21st! She's just so solid, and loves everything, and is super enthusiastic. She's already been telling people about it! Ah, miracles like that. I don't know what I did to deserve them but I'm definitely not complaining! Do you see how many exclamation points I've been using in this weekly? Things are clearly going well :) Hard but good.

Look at the Fluff Ball Bear :)
We also had another investigator who has been struggling to feel the spirit in a way he recognizes, but this past week HE shared a story that brought the spirit to the lesson SO STRONGLY! It was amazing to listen as he told us about one of his encounters with a general authority (one of our leaders from Salt Lake), and the love and peace he felt! Missionary miracles everywhere, guys.

Rocklin is definitely picking up right now, and I love it so much! I'm learning that I'm becoming one of those missionaries that's just loves everything they do, and it's so cool because missions would be terrible if you didn't enjoy any of it. It goes to show that if you let Heavenly Father change you for the better, he does! That's a miracle in and of itself. But enough about me.

Last Zone pic from last transfer!
EASTER. I wanna talk about YOU. Each of you needs something, and can always use more joy and peace. That's why Easter is so amazing to me, because so many people can once again feel more of that joy and direction that comes from Christ and His gift of the Atonement. He gives us hope in times that seem impossible, peace in chaos, and love at times when no one else can truly understand the pain you're feeling. He went through so much, so that you could have those moments of relief from the world. He loves you and trusts you enough, that even when you make mistakes, He already suffered; you can have the comfort of knowing that perfection takes time, and growth can happen after you fall.
the lengths we go to make smoothies

more wedding!
This week, take a moment to remember just how much He has helped you! Take a moment to watch the video "Because of Him" if you can, too :) It's SO GOOD! And this weekend we get to listen to our prophet and his apostles teach us personally! Get PUMPED for General Conference on Saturday and Sunday! **Every 6 months we have "General Conference:" 2 days of inspirational messages from our leaders in Salt Lake City. This weekend is the April General Conference, AND it's also Easter! You can listen/watch it on lds.org this Saturday and Sunday, Mar 31-April 1.

Love you all, and good luck with whatever this next week brings!

Sister Whitesell
teresa.whitesell@myldsmail.net
751 Central Park Dr. #321
Roseville, CA 95678


No comments:

Post a Comment